Welcome to our blog.

This is our new Mother-Son blog. I am Donna, (Mom), and Lucas is my 13 year old 7th grader. We both love to read and decided to create this blog to write about the books we enjoy. Lucas is very interested in science cannot wait to share his insights about the books he's reading and 7th grade.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

As someone who loves to read, I cannot imagine having no books available,

Please read about Christopher and if you can, please help.

A struggling mother reached out to us via I Love Books; this was what she wrote.


I have a 12 year old son that has a disability that loves to read and lost almost all of his books due to hurricane Irene. I have tried everywhere to get him some more, done dumpster driving, recycling but due to my cancer and recent surgery I am not able to do this for him now. Any resources would be great. I have signes up for every possible help and hove gotten none as of yet.  ~ Nora 


We will be donating books to her son, Christopher and sending them out the second week of November. Some of the books that he loves: 
Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
Goosebumps by R.L. Stine
Middle Grade/ Science Fiction
If you would like to help, please contact us via email ljldml@gmail.com and we will fill you in on the details.


So many people were hit hard by Hurricane Irene, and it's sad to hear that a boy who loves to read has lost all his books. Thanks to all who lend a helping hand.



picture is of Christopher with his two brothers.  Christopher is in the middle.

Thank you so much for reading this post, and thank you for any help you can provide.
Donna and Lucas


No comments:

Post a Comment