Welcome to our blog.

This is our new Mother-Son blog. I am Donna, (Mom), and Lucas is my 13 year old 7th grader. We both love to read and decided to create this blog to write about the books we enjoy. Lucas is very interested in science cannot wait to share his insights about the books he's reading and 7th grade.

Friday, November 9, 2012

received from NetGalley for review

about the book

The earth breeds giants and ogres of indescribable horror -- the heavens hold omnipotent gods and goddesses, abounding in courage, strength and wisdom.

Zeus, the almighty king of the gods, who cannot resist feminine beauty -- mortal or divine, and his jealous and vengeful wife, Hera.

Perseus, fearless mortal warrior, who takes on an impossible challenge: slaying the monstrous Medusa, whose glance turns men to stone.

The Minotaur, half-man and half-bull, the horrible fruit of a queen's unspeakable desire, who annually destroys the young victims sacrificed to his terrifying power.

A fantastic world of spells and curses, magic and mystery, forces that create and destroy at will



My Review (Mom)

Good reference for the younger audience.  A bit simplified, It would not be useful if looking for information about one of the lesser known myths.   

Easy and fun to read.  Kids who liked book similar to Percy Jackson will enjoy this book.  It is a quick, fun read.  I've always enjoyed Greek Mythology and enjoyed visiting these old friends.

My review (Lucas)

I LOVED this book.  I love reading about Zeus and the Minotaur.   Mom's right, if you like Percy Jackson (and I do!!) You'll love this book.  


Mom gives it 4 stars because she thinks it's too simple, but I'll give it 5 ice cream cones because I think it's great!





No comments:

Post a Comment