Welcome to our blog.

This is our new Mother-Son blog. I am Donna, (Mom), and Lucas is my 13 year old 7th grader. We both love to read and decided to create this blog to write about the books we enjoy. Lucas is very interested in science cannot wait to share his insights about the books he's reading and 7th grade.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011


Hal Junior: The Secret Signal

Hal Junior lives aboard a futuristic space station. His mum is chief scientist, his dad cleans air filters and his best mate is Stephen 'Stinky' Binn.
As for Hal ... he's a bit of a trouble magnet. He means well, but his wild schemes and crazy plans never turn out as expected!
Hal Junior: The Secret Signal features mayhem and laughs, daring and intrigue ... plus a home-made space cannon!

Written for independent readers aged 9+, The Secret Signal will appeal to kids with a sense of humour and a taste for adventure.




my review by Lucas Lawrence

HAL JUNIOR:  THE SECRET SIGNAL  should be renamed Dennis the Menace in Space.   What a fun story.  Loved the interaction between Hal and his friend Stinky.  Hal is different than other kids, he's the class clown, and he's not afraid to be different.  I like people like that.  
Hal is funny and smart.  Hates doing his homework but is smart just the same.
He lives on a cool space station.  
The only part I didn't like was the explanation of how food is made.  I understand why Stinky's face turned green.

I really liked this book.  I give it 5/5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment