Welcome to our blog.

This is our new Mother-Son blog. I am Donna, (Mom), and Lucas is my 13 year old 7th grader. We both love to read and decided to create this blog to write about the books we enjoy. Lucas is very interested in science cannot wait to share his insights about the books he's reading and 7th grade.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013


Lucas here,
just finished a book report for my English class.
We had to write a report on a mystery novel. 
I chose MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS (mainly because I love trains).  It's written by Agatha Christie.  Mom says her books have been around a while.  
Wow- what a great story.  It was twisted all around.  I was completely surprised by the ending.

about the book:
"The murderer is with us - on the train now..."

Just after midnight, the famous Orient Express is stopped in its tracks by a snowdrift. By morning, the millionaire Samuel Ratchett lies dead in his compartment, stabbed a dozen times, his door locked from the inside. One of his fellow passengers must be the murderer.

Isolated by the storm and with a killer in their midst, detective Hercule Poirot must find the killer amongst a dozen of the dead man's enemies, before the murderer decides to strike again...

This Mr. P guy is a great sleuth.  He is able to figure things out with only a few clues.  If you haven't read this book, I recommend it.  If you have, do you agree with his (Mr. P's) decision at the end?




1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! I have read other books by this author- but not this one. :)
    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete