Welcome to our blog.

This is our new Mother-Son blog. I am Donna, (Mom), and Lucas is my 13 year old 7th grader. We both love to read and decided to create this blog to write about the books we enjoy. Lucas is very interested in science cannot wait to share his insights about the books he's reading and 7th grade.

Thursday, November 22, 2012




by Howard Temperley
Illustrations by Michael Kline
received from NetGalley
reviewed by Mom

about the book:
The phenomenon of the dinosaur is one that continues to fascinate people of all ages. A fun-filled history of the many species of dinosaurs, their eras, and interesting facts about them, this book is not only informative, but funny and captivating as well. Featuring amusing and attractive illustrations, this unique edition discusses a variety of topics, from the Velociraptor and Pterodactylus to the Jurassic Era and dinosaur extinction.


My thoughts:
What a fabulous book!  If you have a child anything like mine, he or she will love this book.  Most kids have a fascination with dinosaurs at some point in their young lives.  This book perfectly helps with explaining just about everything about dinos.  It is all done in rhyme to make it easy for the kids.  Remember Schoolhouse Rock?  Well, this reminds me of it.  Rhyming songs about dinosaurs.  The illustrations are fantastic.  They are funny without being frightening. 
I loved this book and recommend it to others.  My only complaint, now I can't get some of the rhymes out of my head.

5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment