Welcome to our blog.

This is our new Mother-Son blog. I am Donna, (Mom), and Lucas is my 13 year old 7th grader. We both love to read and decided to create this blog to write about the books we enjoy. Lucas is very interested in science cannot wait to share his insights about the books he's reading and 7th grade.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse
by Rick Riordan

book report by Lucas

I decided to use Mr. Riordan's book for my latest book report.  I loved this book.  I love the entire series.  Rather than write a review, I've decided to just write out the report the way my English teacher wanted it done.  We did this project as a 'book cube'. Each side of the cube had a different piece of information.

Top
Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse
by Rick Riordan
Illustrator John Rocco
report by Lucas

Side 1
Main Setting
San Francisco/ Mt. Tam

Bottom
Main Character
Percy Jackson
In this book, Percy Jackson is a kind and brave demigod. A demigod is the son or daughter of a human and a god.  He has jet black hair, like his father Poseidon, and has deep green eyes.  Since his father is the god of the Seas, he can control water.  His fatal flaw is that he'll risk anything for his friends.

Side2
Conflict
The conflict of the story is that Annabeth (friend of Percy's and daughter of Athena) is captured by the furry beastly Manticore, and the Goddess of the Hunt, Artemis is also captured.  Percy must rescue them both from a possibly dire ending. (If you know what I mean)

Side3
Resolution
Percy, his friends Grover, Zoe and Thalia (daughter of Zeus) climb to the peak the green Mt. Tamalpais and fight Atlas.  Yes, Atlas- remember him from your mythology classes in school?  He's the titan that has to hold the Earth on his shoulders.  I'll bet all us people are quite heavy, even for a titan.  Atlas is the main general of the titan army.  He is also Zoe's dad.  Percy and his friends free Annabeth and Artemis from the  celestial bronze chains (they must be made of celestial bronze to be able to hold a god/demigod captive).  Atlas had tricked Artemis into holding up the world.  Percy tricks Atlas into taking the world from Artemis.  Titans may be big, but they are not too smart.  Atlas kills his daughter Zoe in battle.  Artemis realizes the sacrifice Zoe made by fighting her father and she creates a constellation in the sky in honor of Zoe

Side 4
My Recommendation
I think this is an amazing book.  It is quite suspenseful and interesting.  I learned a lot about ancient Greek Mythology.  I would definitely recommend this book to a friend.  I think you should read the books in the order they were written to understand the whole story.




This book wins a 5+ Ice Cream Cone rating!

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous review! I love this series. I enjoyed all the books! Like you, I learned a lot about Greek mythology. Rick Riordan is a talented author. We just did a review of The Lightning Thief on our blog. :) I also liked the way you did your review.

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete