Welcome to our blog.

This is our new Mother-Son blog. I am Donna, (Mom), and Lucas is my 13 year old 7th grader. We both love to read and decided to create this blog to write about the books we enjoy. Lucas is very interested in science cannot wait to share his insights about the books he's reading and 7th grade.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Nate Rocks the World!
Nathan Rockledge, aka Nate Rocks, is a highly imaginative 10 year old 4th grader. Nate is not an athlete, in fact he dislikes team sports. He has an older sister (13 years old) who is the bane of his existance. He escapes reality by drawing and daydreaming about being a hero. Nates imagination has him winning the World Series, helping Captain Asteroid save the planet (with prisms from his science project) and save a woman tied to train tracks (spurs can be very useful).

I think this is a wonderful book. The reading level is listed as ages 9-12, this book is perfect for that age group. As the mother of a 10 year old, it can be difficult finding books that capture his attention. Nate Rocks! is such a book. He read it in a day. I knew it was a winner when I heard laughter throughout his reading. When finished, he looked up and said "Is there a second book?"

Ms Toz was able to easily capture the mind and imagination of a 10 year old boy, both Nate and my son. I look forward to more of her books.


Karen Pokras Toz will be the featured author on
Book Lovers Paradise on November 6th

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great book. From your review it must be perfect for kids in that age group. I may pass it on to my boyfriend's nephew. :)

    Thanks-
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I just reviewed this on Fairday's Blog! Cool : P ☞ Brocket the Rocket

    ReplyDelete