Welcome to our blog.

This is our new Mother-Son blog. I am Donna, (Mom), and Lucas is my 13 year old 7th grader. We both love to read and decided to create this blog to write about the books we enjoy. Lucas is very interested in science cannot wait to share his insights about the books he's reading and 7th grade.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

OK everyone--We have decided to post the 5 top kids' books Lucas liked for 2011.  One or two of these books were written prior to 2011, but Lucas 'discovered' them this year and decided to include them.  We hope to make this an annual blog list.
The list and blurbs are provided by Lucas.





5. One of our favorite books of 2011.  It has everything in it, action, adventure and an amazing new hero. This book features new friendships, old friendships and a lot of fun.



4. Nate Rocks The World--What a great book.  One of the best of 2011.  I love reading about other kids close to my age.  Especially kids who don't like sports (like me) and do things their own way.


3. Wow Wow Wow, what a book.  Fantastic! Proof that you can overcome what others would see as a handicap and do anything!  Amazing book.

2. Don't let the title fool you.  Secret Files is not a book just about girls.  There are some awesome boys in this book, a haunted house, bagpipes, old secrets....all around FUN book to read.  


1.  This book was written well before 2011- but this is the book that started it all for me.  I wasn't much of a reader until Mr. Riordan started writing about Greek Gods/ demigods and all the fun and adventures they have.

Here you have it, my top 5 books of the past year.  Most of them can be purchased from Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

Secret DMS Files of Fairday Morrow is the exception, but you can read the first 7 chapters on Fairday's blog at a special site 
here and the authors are always
having book giveaways-- just follow the blogsite or the facebook page for info.











8 comments:

  1. Hi Lucas! We are so thrilled that you enjoyed reading The Secret DMS Files of Fairday Morrow, and we are honored to be on your top 5 list with all of these amazing authors! Happy reading!
    Jess & Stephanie
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice list! I'm looking forward to reading THE LIGHTNING THIEF and THE SECRET DMS FILES.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you so much Lucas! I'm so glad you enjoyed Nate Rocks the World. I love the picture you posted - I have it posted on my website: http://www.karentoz.com/meet-the-kids.html

    Keep an eye out for Nate Rocks the Boat - coming out this spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, after my daughter, you may be my favorite 5th grader on the planet! Thanks for including Noah Zarc on your top five list. I'll have to check out "Secret DMS Files of Fairday Morrow" I've read all the other ones and agree you have great taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D. Rober Pease- We can't wait to read your book, too! :) ~Stephanie and Jess

      Delete
  5. This Mom and son blog idea is great! Rick Riordan's writing advice on his website helped me edit and I loved The Lightning Thief and his other books. I just received my copy of Noah Zarc and now I'm even more excited to read it. I tested my book Erth Won on 7th graders and still wonder if a 5th grader would get the puns. I'd love a mom and son beta-reader team if you're interested in finding any problems the 7th grade class missed. Glad to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just finishing up The Lost Hero- thanks so much for recommending it to me! I still have some of the other books on this left to dive into. :)

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete